Monday 24 August 2015

Design team make...Time to Dream


Hello everyone...Genny here. I'm sorry that I didn't manage to post last week..I was so ill and feeling very sorry for myself..lol. but I'm back on form now and looking forward to getting my head down into some serious crafting.

For this weeks make I have decided to make a home decor item. I'm seeing so many wonderful items that you are possible to make as little art features in your home. I decided to make a plaque for my bedroom.All the items that I've used are available from Julie here at JB-Crafting Supplies. There are lots of different types of plaque out there...I decided to use this mdf one. I first painted it using a mixture of a pale pink and then a pale lilac acrylic paint. Whilst that was drying I stamped out the flowers. They are from a Sheena Douglas stamp which features the cherry blossom. I stamped out a number of the branches and then stamped out a number of the single flower. I coloured them all with my promarkers, and then cut them out. It was quite a job but I loved doing it. Sometimes there is nothing better than doing some cutting whilst watching a little tv. I found it to be a lovely evening. I then attached them around the edge of the plaque, adding some pearls and jewels amongst them. I then in pencil drew out the word dream and coloured it with a toning promarker. All I have left to do is to add a ribbon hanger and also to varnish it. I will use a spray varnish, just to give it a little protection. I will be hanging it in my bedroom.

On thinking about where I could put a plaque I thought about how lovely it would be to put in a spare bedroom. And also what a lovely gift it would make. You could change the colour way depending who or where it is destined for. If you have children or grandchildren, it would be a great gift for their bedrooms.

I will be back tomorrow with a matching item..using the same techniques..just another idea on the same lines. I hope that the weather is being kind to you where ever you are...we have had some spectacular thunder and lightening here in the mountains. So until tomorrow..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment