Tuesday 16 February 2016

Design team makes....Using up your Peeloffs


Hello everyone...Genny here. For the past couple of weeks I have been looking at using your stash in lots of different ways. Whilst I was looking through all mine..I came to look through my peeloff boxes. I have always used peeloffs for border edging, as I think sometimes it can just give that finished look to many cards. But during various buying sprees, I have picked up and have been given a number of peeloffs that I have never used. I thought to myself the time is right to get some cards made with these wonderful peeloffs. 

As most of you know I just adore my cats and have a number of friends who do to. The cat peeloff was the black outline and so needed a backing. I found some rainbow card and used the peeloffs on two different ends of the paper..so they have different colourways. I decided to keep it plain and simple as I thought that would be the nicest way and just added two of my favourite cat sayings. I thought that these would make lovely note cards to send to my friends. I have also used a smaller size card than I normally do to ensure that they can go by the cheaper rate of postage. That's another reason why peeloffs are so handy..they are flat and can give great detail without any height..another thing to bear in mind when posting. I once made a small card but added a jewel which made it require a large stamp.I wouldn't have minded but if I'm going to buy a large stamp then I will make an elaborate card..not having to worry about size.
My second two cards have used this lovely Chinese image of a lady...which were inspired by the fact that Chinese new year has just taken place. The peeloff outline of the ladies, I placed onto some white card and then coloured with my promarkers. Both background papers came from a Chinese themed pad which I have had for a while.

On the card above, I first layed the background paper and then added an extra peeloff of some cherry blossom, which I then also coloured with my promarkers. The vase was a peeloff that I layed on some black card and then cut out. I chose the red and gold colouring due to them being the colours of prosperity in the Chinese culture.

For the card below, I did much the same..colouring with my promarkers. I also added the peeloff symbols for Good Luck. Again I think that both cards would make great note cards..or even as a thank you card.I really enjoyed making all these cards and I hope that you like them and consider looking at your own stash..if you are short of anything..Julie is the place to get it. I have always considered the shop as an Aladdin's Cave of crafting goodies, and it's the first place I go when increasing my stash.


As seems usual lately..the wind is raging round the mountains and I'm staying in and crafting..with much help from my cats..lol. Next week I will be sharing some sewing..I'm really looking forward to it. So until then...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment