Monday 25 April 2016

Design team make.....Country Chickens


Hello everyone ..Genny here. For today's design team makes I have been working with another set of Hobby Art Stamps.This set is called Cockadoodledo and makes some lovely country themed cards.


What I really love about this set is the fact that you can also build a country side image as well as the cockerel, hen and chick. You also get the stamp that enables you to create the chicken wire..which will be so handy in lots of my mixed media work.The chicken wire stamp comes in two different sizes and is really easy to join..so you can make a fence as small or as large as you need. All the sentiments that I have used are also from a Hobby Art set. For both of these cards, I have used my watercolours...but you could use any of your colouring mediums. If you have any of the Hobby Art scenic sets..you could also use them to extend your countryside views. I stamped all the images using my Versafine inkpad..but if I was going to use my promarkers or copics, then I would always use my Memento inkpad.

I had great fun colouring the cockerel. He reminded me of a cockerel that my Grandmother had when I was a little girl. This particular cockerel seemed to me to be enormous and goodness me he had a bad temper. I can remember the fantastic colours that he had...most of all I can remember the sun shining on his tail feathers and the colours contained there. To try and describe it is just too hard but it was a cross between blue and green with all the colours between.I was always fascinated by the colours and always wanted to see him..but he wasn't impressed with little girls and would chase me the length of the yard.If you can imagine a chubby little girl in a flowery dress and wellies running for her life...that was me..lol

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to answer. For any of your crafting or sewing needs or wants, please get in touch with Julie, here at JB-Crafting Supplies. Next week I will be featuring another Pinflair Kit. So until then...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment