Monday 18 April 2016

Design team make....Garden Birds


Hello everyone...Genny here. Today for my design team makes this week, I am lucky enough to work with this set from Hobby Art Stamps....Garden Birds. If you would like to buy this set..please get in touch with Julie here at JB-Crafting Supplies. In fact anything that you need, Julie is the person to source it for you. 


For all these cards, I stamped all the birds with my Versafine inkpad because I knew that I wanted to use my watercolours..and Versafine is what I use with them. If I had wanted to colour the images with my promarkers or any of my alcohol pens, I would always use a Memento ink pad.


The top two cards feature a coal tit and a great tit and below is a blue tit. I admit to not knowing many birds but I had a great reference book..so I could try to get the colours right. I thoroughly enjoyed working with these stamps and if like me you have lots of friends who bird watch either out and about or just at their own bird tables..these cards would be perfect to use for them.

What I also wanted to do but just didn't have the time..was to create some really funky coloured birds, alongside some funny quotes. I will try and make a couple for next week..just to show you a different way of using them. On the stamp set itself, you get 3 different birds, the flowers and some branches and leaves. I just love Hobby Art Stamps because they always stamp so well and combine really well .I was also thinking with some of the Hobby Art 'scenic stamps', you could easily make a scenic background and put the bird at the front. I may have to have a go at that as well.

I hope that you like the cards and get a little inspiration. For any of your crafting needs..just ask Julie. If there is ever anything that you would like me to feature in any future blogs..just get in touch and I will try my hardest to do it. So until next time..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment