Monday 11 April 2016

Design team make...Pinflair Kit


Hello everyone...Genny here. For todays design team make,I was lucky enough to work with this Pinflair Tissue Box cover. This is the third Pinflair kit I have made recently and I have to say that I love them. Julie, here at JB-Crafting Supplies has all the kits available, as well as a fantastic rangeof material...you're sure to find one that one that will fit in with your personal taste. I have chosen to work with this material that is covered in strawberries.

The kit itself comes with full instructions but I did notice one thing that wasn't mentioned and I have tosay that because it wasn't made clear, I ended up taking it to pieces and starting again.

To ensure that the top fits correctly on top..you need to ensure that the short endsare attached to the inside of the long lengths..hopefully the pictures above and below make this clear.If you don't do this..the top will not fit neatly


When they are in place properly... the lid part of the box fits perfectly. Because I had to take it apart again..I had run out of the gummed paper..so I used cellotape and it was fine. I added quite a bit of sellotape to fix everything securely.


Then I covered the top with a piece of the material. It is best to take your time gluing around the hole at the top. I cut through the material and made little cuts around the inside edge to ensure that I could get a smooth finish around the hole.One thing that I did think was that if I was making this as a gift, I would line the inside of the top..just to make it extra tidy. And thinking on this, I would use the top as a template and fix that in place to hide the stickings from the top. It doesn't need to be done but that's just a personal touch I would add if it was going to be a gift. And as far as I can tell..it would take just a little extra fabric. If you were using the Pinflair fabric as I did..there is more than enough spare to do it. In fact I have a little piece left..which I will be working with in the next couple of weeks to match in with the tissue box.


And here is the finished item. I am so pleased with it and hope you will take a look at all the wonderful kits that Julie has available. They can easily be made in an afternoon and are a pleasure to make.

Well that's it for me for this week.Next week I will be sharing some cards with you featuring some Hobby Art stamps.For all your cardmaking and sewing needs or wants..Julie can supply them. So until next week...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment