Tuesday 30 August 2016

Design team makes.....1 stamp..3 cards


Hello everyone...Genny here. I hope that you all had a fantastic bank holiday.I have to admit that having a bank holiday always confuses me..I won't know what day it is all the rest of the week..lol. I spent my whole weekend stamping and had a glorious time. I wanted to share the end results with you and take you through my stamping process. It all began with a flower stamp..now I have to be honest here I don't know who produced this stamp set because it was from a bundle of stamps that were given to me by a friend. I've had a look through lots of manufacturers and there are alot out there that are similar. Dreamees, Stamps by Chloe and Lellibot have similar ones. The stamp features the same flower in different sizes. For my cards I stamped the three largest stamps and some of the leaves. I wanted to layer them and use some kraft card as the background. The only thing that I have left to do is to decide what ribbon to add..I'm thinking either a red gingham or a red spot. The only difference between the three cards is the colour that I've used. The top one is coloured with my promarkers, the second with my watercolour pencils and the blue card is also done with watercolours.




I hope that you like them. I find it fascinating that just changing the colour medium can make such a difference. It all depends what you are looking for. It has amazed me just how popular kraft card has become and I think that it does give the cards a country feel. I used some stickles to finish off the middles of the flowers.

The cards below are just an extra to share with you. I needed to make some thankyou cards in a hurry and thought that I would use my watercolours as they were already out.



I first took some watercolour card and scribbled some colour on into 3 blocks..I only used 3 colours,  a red,orange and yellow. I added some water and blended then together. Then I stamped the two flower images using my Versafine and coloured them with my water colours. I had also stamped the images onto watercolour card. I finally mounted both items onto some black card, stamped a thank you at the bottom and added then to a 6x6 card.
Even though they are both using the same colours, they have turned out quite different. But it's so nice to have everything to hand to be able to make a quick card that looks a little special. I also added some stickles to these cards as the box was also out..lol.  Now if there is anything you need..stamps, inks, watercolours, card or paper or even stickles..just get in touch with Julie here at JB-Crafting Supplies.
Next week I should be doing some heat embossing.. I have had a message from a lady who is new to stamping and wants to do heat embossing. Because I've been crafting for so long, I tend to forget that some people are just beginning and some things I say must sound like a foreign language..lol. So next week I hope to go through heat embossing..so until then..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment