Monday 22 August 2016

Design team make...The Loo Roll Book..step by Step

Hello everyone Genny here. As promised here is the step by step details of the loo roll book. I have never had as many messages as I have had regarding these little books. Even people who are not normally crafters seem to have been intrigued  by this little book. So here we go.

First things first..and that's to gather together all you need. I have used 4 toilet roll cardboard's..of course you can use as many as you like..as long as your book rings are large enough. You also need 2 pieces of grey board larger than the toilet roll cardboard's, 2 book rings (I used 1inch ones), some card to make the tags (I used kraft card), a selection of contrasting papers, ribbons and glue. For this project I would advise using a wet glue.




 The first job is to cover the greyboard with your chosen papers. I covered what would be the outside first, followed by putting a contrasting paper for the inside.

 I then flattened the toilet rolls using my bone folder to flatten them as much as possible. I then covered the whole thing by wrapping and gluing my paper around the roll.
 I then made to holes. Making sure that the holes in the cover was close enough in the middle to hold the toilet rolls and then using those holes to mark the spacing on the toilet rolls. For my holes I used my Cropodile. It is a tool that I've had for a number of years and honestly use it so much..it has been a wonderful investment.
 I then added toning borders on the edge of my toilet rolls. At this stage you can add any embellishments you like.
 I then took a corner punch and rounded the corners of the tags and punched a hole in the middle to hold the ribbon.
 I finally added my word to the front of the book. I have always collected quotes and use them a lot in my work..so I thought it would be nice to have a little book to keep any new ones I find.
If there is anything you need..papers, alphabets or embellishments then please get in touch with Julie here at JB-Crafting Supplies..as I always say she has an Aladdin's cave of crafting goodies.
I hope that I have explained it all clearly enough..but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
So until next week..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment